Innovative anchorage concepts in the year 2019 - In office Course
July 5-6 2019, Traben-Trarbach, Germany
Björn Ludwig maintains a private orthodontic practice in Traben- Trarbach, Germany. He is scientific coordinator and Assistant Professor of the University of Homburg/ Saar, Department of Orthodontics. His focus of research work is cortical anchorage with mini-screws/miniplates and their further clinical development. He has published numerous papers and is editor of two books. He is editor in chief of the Quintessence publication “Kieferorthopädie” (Orthodontics). He is also co-editor of the Journal of Clinical Orthontics and Journal of Orthodontic Science.
TADS are still one of the most discussed topics in orthodontics. Utilizing TAD´s in the anterior palate eliminates the risk of root injury and takes the implants out of the path of tooth movement. This course will show an overview of the up to date literature, current developments of appliance d esigns, main indications, placement techniques, and risk factors during placement and orthodontic treatment. It will especially focus on the virtual TAD placement from intraoral scanning up to a ONE-VISIT protocol of simultaneous TAD insertion and appliance placement. Many different biomechanics of the connected orthodontic appliance will be presented. The course will offer scientific and clinical perspectives on how mini-screws can become a safe and reliable standard device in your office.
July 5th, 2019
• Insertion sites and TAD selection
• Insertion techniques – 2D versus 3D – conventional versus digital
• Survival rates of TADS and Risk factors
• Space closure of missing teeth
• Rapid palatal expansion and Class III treatment • Distalisation mechanics
• Anterior open bite treatment
• Surgical facilitated orthodontics
July 6th, 2019
• Live patients - insertion of TADs and coupling with orthodontic devices
• Basics about the clinical use of the Ortho - Easy® system, including training on typodonts
• Hands on workshop on typodonts (Mesializer, ROG and push -coil Distalizer, TAD – Guide, “mini” RME, etc…..)
• Bending pliers are needed (please consider to bring your own instruments).
• Case discussion (please bring your future cases)
* Price includes VAT.
* The course price includes:
• Bus shuttle Frankfurt airport – Traben-Trarbach – Frankfurt airport
• Hotel accomodation Hotel Bellevue July 24th-27th, 2019
• 2-course dinner on Julyy 4th, 2019
• Breakfast in the hotel on all days
• Attendance at the course on both days
• Coffee breaks during the course
• Lunch on July 5th and 6th, 2019
• Wine tasting on July 5th and dinner on July 6th, 2019